Outdoor Dreamy Forest WeddingLove At First Swipe
Posted by Blush Magazine • Posted on September 24, 2021
It was love at first swipe for Jovi and James, who started dating shortly after hitting it off on Tinder. When Jovi went to school in Vancouver for two years, working through the challenges of a long-distance relationship made James confident she was the one.
During a semester break Jovi took James to meet her friends and family in her hometown of Yellowknife. She wanted to show him Cameron Falls, but when they got lost on the way with no cell service she said they should turn around. James insisted they continue on, and Jovi managed to get just enough reception to call a friend for directions. They hiked up to her favourite childhood spot where James got down on one knee and proposed.
The Big Day
Jovi and James took on the challenge of planning a pandemic wedding on their own, including DIY florals and décor. They were married in a dreamy forest setting at Elk Island Retreat in front of 100 guests.
James’ favourite moment was watching his bride walk down the aisle surrounded by loved ones who hadn’t been able to gather together since the start of the pandemic.
During the tent reception, Jovi’s cousins performed a heartstring-tugging love song featuring the santur—a traditional Persian instrument. The musical performance and speeches were a highlight for Jovi, full of love, laughter and pure joy.
Engagement Ring Cut
Advice from the Newlyweds
- Hire a wedding planner and a day of coordinator. The couple hired a good friend of theirs to be their day of coordinator, and she saved the day. She tied up loose ends, dealt with any little issues that arose on the day of and kept the couple completely in the dark, which is KEY!
- Delegate! Don’t be afraid to reach out to family and friends for help, that’s what they’re there for!
- Savour every moment, take little breaks with one another and appreciate the present moment.
- Check Facebook Marketplace and Facebook wedding groups in your area for decor, you will save a TON of money and you will be surprised with what you can find. Not to mention, re-selling everything once the wedding is over!
- Don’t sweat the small stuff-things that you may notice are insignificant, and 99% of the time the guests are oblivious to any hiccups that arise. Let it go, relax, and have FUN!!!
Looking Forward to Most Now Being Married
“Settling into married life, enjoying this time as newlyweds, and eventually starting a family together. Embarking on the next chapter in our lives and just slaying life together!”
TBD (hopefully Spain & Morocco)